Sunday, August 31, 2008

Nasty Poop Story

I've heard many nasty poop stories from my mommy friends and I've laughed about them. After all, it's funny when it's not you having to clean it up. Well, this morning I got my dues. I have been waiting for about 30 minutes after Bucky gets up to change his diaper unless he is soaking wet because he inevitably poops right after I've changed him. This morning was no different. I undid his diaper and turned to grab a wipe (a mistake I will never make again). Faster than a speeding bullet, he grabs the front of his diaper and yanks it out from under his butt, leaving a pile of poop on his stomach. Ewwww, I'm thinking, but it's doable. As I'm bringing the wipe to pick up the poop, thanking God that at least it's solid, Bucky decides he wants to feel the poop...with both hands...and then he decides that maybe that wasn't such a good idea b/c now his hands are dirty. Now I've got quite a predicament...How do I clean the hands while keeping my wiggling child still? I sang and talked to him while keeping his hands away from his mouth where they keep trying to land until they were "wipe" clean. Although this is not the cleanest they can be, you do what you can with what you have at the moment. I finally got all of it cleaned up and I must admit, that is definitely a way to wake up your tired body in a flash. :)

On a much cleaner note: I asked Bucky if he wanted milk, which he knows the sign for, or water. He plain as day informed me that he wanted "ahter." How cute is that??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH! YUCK!!! It happens to the best of us!