Thursday, August 7, 2008

Swim Lessons


I started taking Bucky to swim lessons on Tuesday, July 22nd. He really enjoys the water and I want him to feel comfortable around it since Buck and I are both water babies at heart. No matter where we go, our hearts (and heads) will be at the beach. Anyway - Bucky does great throughout the lesson and even started kicking on his own at our last lesson, July 29th. After one lesson, he learned how to kick. What can I say? Our child amazes me more and more every day. We go underwater every time we are in a pool because I want him to learn to hold his breath. He is also learning how to kick to the side of a pool and walk along the side with his hands until he finds the stairs or a ladder. We are not even close to that yet, but we are working hard to get there!! I try to get him in a pool 3-4 times a week but this past week it has rained most afternoons so that didn't happen. Oh well, we'll try again next week. There are four other mothers and sons who also take lessons with us - Anna and Jimmy, Hubbell and Chase, Michelle and Andrew, and Lily and Cash. The boys are all around the same age. Our friend, Tonia, and her son, Jackson, instruct us. I wanted to start him sooner but didn't. No excuses - I just didn't. The pictures are from our lesson on July 29th. Tonia's husband was kind enough to come out to the pool with the camera. The last picture was taken at my mom's pool when we were just having fun and swimming (07/16/08).

No comments: