Thursday, August 14, 2008

Gulf World

Bucky and I met our friends Anna and Jimmy for a trip to Gulf World this morning. She had previously taken Jimmy and he enjoyed it so I wanted to see if Bucky would feel the same. Well, we all had a really good time. We got there about 9:00AM and left around noon:15. We saw the sea lion show, bird show, extreme high diving, and dolphin show. Here's a brief synopsis. Sea Lion Show: sea lion, Otto, didn't want to cooperate so for about 5 minutes during the show we watched him swim back and forth while the lady talked and talked about something. Finally, she made him go backstage and had another sea lion, Duke, join us. He danced and talked and performed - why didn't they let him do the whole show?? Bird Show: kept the boys very intrigued. At the beginning a bird flew from the back over our heads. I'm sure it was great for everyone on the sides but we were front row center and all I could think was "Please don't poop on us!" The bird made a loud sound and both boys jumped - Bucky jumped so hard, his cup flew out of his hands and hit the ground. I have to admit...I laughed. The boys didn't move the whole show. Extreme High Diving: I think I held my breath for most of this b/c those guys were jumping from really, really high. I could just picture us on the news "Everything was going so well until..." The show was very entertaining for moms and kids alike ;). Dolphin Show: This started off slow b/c the trainers have to tell you a background of each animal and there were four dolphins in the show today. Don't ask me any questions b/c, quite frankly, I zoned out. This was towards the end of the day so we were hot and the boys were getting antsy but they pulled through like champs. I was very impressed that they both behaved so well and for so long. When we left, Bucky fell asleep before I put my car in reverse to pull out of the parking spot. I looked back to make sure noone was behind me and he was snoozing. He took a 3 hour nap and still went to bed at 7:15PM. What a champ!!

No comments: