Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008

In case you didn't notice, I gave up on the daily blogging attempt. Even though I usually blogged about a day a couple of days late, it still got out of control and time just got away from me. I wanted to blog about Christmas before February so I decided to fast forward a little. I'll do a brief synopsis of the time between the 15th and Christmas later but for now, I want to share some Christmas info.


Bucky and I both had a wonderful Christmas. He got too many toys and a ton of clothes (we are thankful for all). We got a lot more cards this year so I'm glad I bought a Christmas tree card holder to hold it all. I love displaying cards but I usually get just a couple so they are able to sit or rest on the tree. Christmas Eve, we went to my mom's house for a hot dog dinner (very formal). Bucky opened his first gift; they were pajamas for him to wear that night and the next morning. Of course, when I bought his flannel PJs it was much, much colder than the 70 degree weather we are currently experiencing. I took some video to share with Buck when he returns b/c I still don't know how to download or upload it, whichever one I need to do. On Christmas morning, Bucky opened the gifts from me and Buck and played with Santa's toys. He was a little overwhelmed and played a little here and a little there. We didn't go overboard price-wise but he got a lot of little stuff to open. We then headed to FedEx to pick up my lens that was supposed to arrive the day before - I was very upset when they told me it was on it's way back to California. I'm glad I told them to check again b/c it was sitting in the back. We went to my parents' house for my immediate famly gift giving. Bucky was more interested in stealing everyone else's gifts to open his own but did sit for a little bit when he saw the stocking stuffers. After we finished up there, we went home for a few minutes to change clothes and go to my grandma's house for lunch - catered by Sonny's (yummy!). Bucky fell asleep on the way home so I put him in his crib while I reloaded the car, got dressed and put his clothes in his backpack b/c I was just going to pick him up and put him in the car. Lunch was delicious!! We opened more gifts afterwards and then chilled for a few minutes before heading home for good. It was a full, busy day but we are so blessed to have so many people who love us. We didn't get to visit everyone this year like we did last year but I tried to talk or text everyone we missed. All in all it was a busy, exciting, exhausting day. I am trying the slideshow on my blog with the Christmas pictures so let me know what you think. You should be able to click on the pictures to see them bigger. Most were taken with my "new" lens so a few are blurry while I was learning the manual focus on it. Enjoy!

*I deleted the slideshow on 02/16/09*

No comments: