Friday, May 20, 2011

Baby Boy Turns 4!

Why is it that sometimes time flies and sometimes you can hear the seconds ticking away? Either way at least you know it's moving forward. This time of year is when I realize how fast it really does seem to fly. After all, it was 4 years ago when our precious little boy joined us and he has taken us on a wonderful, crazy ride since then.

Even though his party was not until the weekend after his actual birthday, I wanted to do some things for him on his birthday so he knows how special he is and that day is his. He opened his sports gifts after waking up. After going to the gym (for me), the rest of the day was his. He chose chicken nuggets for lunch (I know, What a Shock!) and then wanted to go home and play with his basketball goal. When we got home, there was a package for him so he opened it. It was from gamma and grandaddy and contained tons of goodies. We went outside to play and then came in for quiet time. After quiet time, I surprised him with a trip to the Sky Sox game. After the guard searched my bag, he gave Bucky a ball. Perfect since it was his birthday! We had fun but it was much colder than we were prepared for so we only stayed for half the game. It was ok though because he enjoyed it. I got him a new red bat and a Sox the Fox souvenir...his choice. He told me later that he had a good birthday so all was well :).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Bucky! I remember when you were born!!! :)