Friday, November 7, 2008

Still Sick

I took Bucky to the doctor on Wednesday afternoon to try to figure out why he still had a high temperature. His fever was 103 when we got there and the nurse gave him some Tylenol. The doctor did a very thorough exam, including a strep test since his throat was a little red. She listened very carefully to his chest two or three times because we had just been to the doctor the week before to recheck his ear infection and everything was fine. She also sent him for a chest Xray to make sure his lungs were clear. That was the worst part because I just had to stand there while he screamed during the Xray. The lady had to hold his hands above his head so they didn't get in the way and all I wanted to do was pick him up. Instead I talked to him and tried to keep his attention but the second they were finished, he practically jumped into my arms and laid his head down on my shoulder. He didn't want any stickers or book - all he wanted was me to hold him, which I did. The strep test was negative and the Xray was clear so we still don't know what's causing the fever. My poor baby. He's still not eating well but I keep a drink in front of him so he doesn't get dehydrated. It sucks not knowing what's wrong because you don't know what to do to help him feel better. Hopefully he'll be all better when he wakes up from his nap this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww...poor Bucky. I hope he feels better soon.