Saturday, November 29, 2008

Hand Turkey

I wanted a handprint turkey from Bucky this year since he is old enough to sit still for a few seconds and he seems to love craft stuff. Anna's son, Jimmy, did one with paint at MOPS and I thought "What a great idea!" However, I learned that it's tough doing paint projects with a child when you are by yourself :) I had everything ready when he woke up from his nap on Thanksgiving Day. I put his hand in the paint and he started whining - the child does not like his hands to have stuff on them. So I figured he would be happier once we started doing the project since it would get the paint off his hand. I took both my hands and laid his hand on the paper. He then moved it left to right so it was a big blob of orange. He still had plenty of paint on his hand so I moved to the second sheet of paper (I thought I had planned ahead). He wouldn't flatten his hand so it was his palm and fingerprints :) That's when I decided it would be easier to trace his hands and cut them out. That worked perfectly. I also tried to trace his feet to glue on the back just for sentimental reasons but the minute I started to draw, he busted out giggling. He is sooooo ticklish sometimes. Anyway, I tried again and we both started laughing so that was a bust. This was the end result.For those who can't read the poem it says:
This isn't just a turkey as you can plainly see.
I made it with my hand which is a part of me.
It comes with lots of love especially to say
I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving Day!

No comments: