Friday, November 21, 2008

Catching Up

A lot of random events have been going on but I haven't blogged in a while so I thought I'd try to catch everyone up on what's been happening. Last Friday and Saturday, Hubbell and I went to a scrapbooking weekend on base. It wasn't an overnight thing but Bucky spent the night staying with my parents because we didn't finish until 1100PM Friday and started again at 1000AM Saturday. I must guiltily admit that it was actually quite nice to be able to sit down in the morning and drink my coffee at one time rather than drinking a sip here and there. However, I was anxious to pick him up after the event ended on Saturday. Sunday, we just hung around the house. I cleaned, he dirtied...typical :) Monday, I took him for a follow-up evaluation at First Words. They evaluate kids' communication level and can evaluate for signs of autism. No problem here but they give you a Walmart gift card for participating. We should receive the "official" evaluation in a couple of weeks. At one point during the eval, Bucky shocked her. She was holding a Big Bird animal and asked Bucky where the bird is - he pointed up. She was confused so I explained to her that he was telling her that the bird is in the sky. She said she would have to call her colleagues to find out how to write that up in her report. I was quite amazed. Tuesday, he decided to get up at 0500 and didn't want to take a nap...so we were out of the house by 0800 b/c we were both tired but for me to take a nap, he must be asleep first. Anyway, we ran some random errands, ran into Anna and Jimmy in the mall for lunch and he ended up taking a 2 1/2 hour nap after lunch. That night, Chase spent some time with us because Hubbell had a show and Kevin had a game. They had a blast in Bucky's room. Chase was scared of Rascal but once I told him to tell Rascal down (Chase does this with his cats) he seemed a little more at ease. Wednesday - I don't think we did much of anything during the day but that night Bucky stayed with Kevin and Chase for a couple of hours while Hubbell, Anna, and I had a much needed and much deserved girls night out. Although it started at 530 and ended around 700, it was great fun. We went to Olive Garden and talked the entire time. We just don't get enough child-free time to be adults rather than moms. The kids are, however, at the age where we can watch from a distance at the park instead of following right behind them. We always have three sets of eyes on them but they get their freedom. It's WIN-WIN. Thursday we didn't get out of our PJs until that night when my mom came by to take us to Skate Night. Bucky loves to run around the rink and play in their toddler area so he slept well. This morning we went to Toddler Skate and then straight home. I had originally planned on meeting Hubbell for some window shopping after but Bucky was tired and needed to rest before his 18 month pics this afternoon. Here are a few of the pictures we had taken.

1 comment:

LouellaRuth said...

Thanks again--always so happy to get your blogs. All the pictures were wonderful as usual but the one of you holding Bucky really took my fancy. Love Gma