Monday, September 22, 2008

Horse Farm

On Saturday, a lady from our playgroup was having a Horse Show at her farm. Bucky and I went the 20 miles to meet Hubbell, Kevin, and Chase and enjoy the day. Well...it wasn't very entertaining. There was a Jumping Show where the horses jumped over a stick (thank you, Hubbell, for the description) - it was a rather large stick but was only about 6 inches off the ground. In other words, if you blinked, you missed it. I must have blinked a lot in the five minutes we tried to get the boys to watch the show b/c I never saw the horses jump. Bucky and Chase enjoyed seeing the mini-horses but Chase was too tired to deal with the larger horses. Bucky actually let me put him on the very large "pony" for a ride - don't worry, I held on tight the whole time. He was okay while the horse was moving but wanted off when it stopped. In fact, he waved and said "Hi" to another horse in the pasture next to the pony ride area. He did not seem tense at all but I think I had that area covered just fine. Thank you Kevin and Hubbell for taking some pictures of both of us since it's really difficult to do so by myself, especially when both hands are occupied holding on to my child for dear life. Bucky seemed to enjoy throwing the ball for the dog and running around more than anything else. I was disappointed that there wasn't more for his age group to do since it was made out to be a kid-friendly event, but I learned my lesson.



2 comments:

Hubbell said...

He wasn't scared---he was tired. Get it straight! My boy isn't scared of anything...really...nothing.

Tonia said...

Riiigghhtt Hubbell. I won't even lie about Jackson. Jackson is afraid of everything!

It seemed like Amy was going to have a lot to do. Sorry you didn't have a better time. :( We'll have to set up a day to go to the zoo and see if they like that better.