Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Monster Bookmarks

I admit it...I am hopelessly addicted to Pinterest. There are so many wonderful ideas for so many different activities and meals and, well, everything you can think of and it's hard to not look at all the cool stuff. Today (since I had nothing else to do) I made a couple of bookmarks that I have been eyeing. It took me a while to find some good instructions because people put one pin on top of another pin and the last person in the chain is stuck searching for the actual instructions. After I found the correct step by step, I got to work. I want to make more for Bucky to take to Kindergarten next year for books they are reading or for little gifts or whatever may come along. I did learn today that it may be best to cut out a lot of pieces and then line them up like an assembly line. So keep this in mind if you are interested in trying this craft. Once all the pieces are cut, it's only a matter of folding and gluing the pieces into place.


I found the tutorial with pictures here: Corner Page Bookmarks. I changed a couple of things on mine because I know that they will not last long enough for me to stress about a couple of the steps. I did not use a patterned triangle on the top because I felt like it was too busy and I wanted the pattern or different colored paper to be like the inside of the mouth. I traced the bottom of a large glue stick for the white part of the eyes and used the large dot on the black Zig Dotta-Riffic marker for the pupil. I skipped the iris because I think they look great without this extra step. Do what you want but I just wanted to share what I figured out along the way.

No comments: