Sunday, January 22, 2012

Military Life

Veteran spouses of soldiers have learned somewhere along the way that deep friendships at your current duty station are not necessarily a good thing. While I took to the Army life quite well in my opinion, I don't take to leaving friends behind too well. In Colorado, I learned that it is nice to have a close circle of friends, some wives will talk behind my back, some wives never seem to have a good day, and too many people post too much about their lives on Facebook and are then surprised when something is taken the wrong way. Since moving to Georgia, I have learned who my true friends were and are. And I was right about most, if not all, of them. While I miss a lot of the wives I had grown to love while our husbands were deployed, there are a select few that I find myself constantly thinking about and wondering if they are ok and where their lives are going to take them. Even with the heartache that comes with leaving some very good friends behind, I wouldn't change any of it. After all, the more people I know, the more places I get to visit :).

No comments: