Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Yummy Dinner

Living a million miles from the Gulf and having a picky hubby (at least when it comes to cooking and variety), I find it very difficult sometimes to come up with seafood dishes. Did I mention that he doesn't like onions but hasn't ever tried them since I've been with him? I've tried to explain that tastes change but he thinks I'm tricking him. Have you ever seen a recipe that doesn't involve some kind of onion? Anyway, onion powder is substituted most of the time but it just doesn't taste the same. Rant Over...

So I tried a recipe from my Italian cookbook called Spicy Shrimp Puttanesca. OMG! It was delicious!! Shrimp, tomatoes, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, capers (never used before) and olives (not my fav but I tried them anyway) all on top of angel hair pasta. This is definitely one of those dishes that I KNOW he will love if he'll just try it. It's got some heat behind it that he likes and all the flavors meld together very well. Definitely a keeper!

No comments: