Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Beautiful Weather

has finally arrived! We actually had a whole day of gorgeous weather today and boy were we soooooo excited! Mother Nature has been a bit of a tease lately. for example, Sunday started off with the sun shining and cool breeze and then quickly became dark and snowy...yep...SNOW!

So I was a little skeptical today based on that. But I figured we could always come inside if needed. Started our day dropping JB off at the vet to get declawed. Now we (I) get to sand and repaint everywhere he has scratched. The other cats will follow but one at a time since it's so expensive. We went straight to the gym from there for my 900 bootcamp class with my good friend, Lisa. We bitch and moan the whole time but we both enjoy feeling like we are actually accomplishing something.

When we got home after that I cleaned the kitchen and straightened the living room. Bucky, by now, was asking if he could go outside. I said "sure" thinking he would last only a few minutes. Then I saw how beautiful it looked outside. I say "looked" because in Colorado it can look beautiful and be only 20 degrees. I have to get my mind out of winter and into spring now. So, anyway, I changed my shirt to a tank and we went outside. The grass was watered, Bucky enjoyed his water guns, we did some weeding in the garden, I've started edging some of the walkways in the back, and I even laid out and got some sun while he was napping. After nap, he planted two of his tiny plants (pics to follow) and a small garden stone (all from the Target $1 area). He enjoyed painting so much that I gave him some plain white paper to paint on also. I went to check on him and asked what he was painting. He told me "It's a bootiful picture for my daddy. It's a rainbow." (pic below) So that one is definitely making it in the next box. All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our day, mostly outside.

No comments: