Monday, April 11, 2011

Our Little Soccer Player

Bucky started soccer last Saturday. Apparently it started Thursday but we did not get that memo so he did not have the proper equipment. He was not in a good mood that day so, needless to say, it was not a good start. I had him up way too late the night before (see previous post) and it was very windy and cold on his little legs. I have determined that he is like his mama when it comes to being cold. Neither one of us is a happy camper when chilled. I did bribe him to go play (such a good mama). I told him that if he would try to play we would go after the game and get him some soccer shoes and soccer socks. He played the bare minimum but I didn't expect any more from him considering how miserable he was. He fell asleep a few minutes after leaving the game and slept all the way to the store (about 30 minutes). We got him the tiniest cleats in the world to go with the tiniest shin guards in the world which also goes with a ball about 2 sizes too big for him :). So far, he has kicked the ball all over the house. I'm hoping he enjoys it more in the week coming up since he will be well rested and warmer (hopefully).

No comments: