Sunday, May 31, 2009

Lt Dan Band

Ok - I suck. I'm done setting unreachable goals for myself (you know - blogging every day). How about I try at least once a week??

Anyway - we saw the Lt. Dan Band last night at Hood Stadium (check out http://www.ltdanband.com/ for more info). They travel to military bases to provide free entertainment for the troops and their families. Oh, did I mention that Gary Sinise (CSI:NY) is the bassist?? I was so star struck being 20 feet away from a famous person...and the concert was fabulous!! We arrived prior to 1600 per the sign at the main gate, waited in line for the gates to open, found a great spot 20 feet from center stage, set up our chairs, ate some free hotdogs and drank some free water, and then found out the concert starts at 1900. Nice, huh?!?! Bucky was wonderful though. We enjoyed the show and music but left about 2100 to head home to put the little guy to bed. Here are some pics I took while we were there. Jeff Vezain was an awesome vocalist and Kimo Williams (guitarist) is a Vietnam Vet. The concert was just what everone needed to relax on a Saturday night.

No comments: