Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bucky Turns 2

Sunday was a very exciting day for us. Our "baby" boy turned two at 10:46PM. We started the morning singing "Happy Birthday" to him as we got him out of his crib. Then I cooked pancakes for him. I even made him a little smiley face with some tiny pancakes. After that, he watched "Cars" with Buck while I went to the store for balloons and mini-DVDs for our camcorder...Yes, I still procrastinate :) Before lunch I made his cake and of course let him lick the beater and the spatula. He loved it!! "More, more" he kept saying and signing (I guess in case I didn't hear him). While the cake was baking, I made him a PB&J sandwich for his lunch. He then took his nap and we sang "Happy Birthday" again when he woke up. He just laughed and laughed. While he was napping, I decorated the cake and went to the PX b/c apparently the only discs Walmart had were the wrong kind so I needed to buy some more. Then I was able to sit for a few minutes when I got back. When he got dressed after his nap, we had his gifts waiting on the couch and he was pleasantly surprised. We let him play for a few minutes and then proceeded to open the gifts from my parents and grandma. He wanted to play with everything as he opened it but adjusted well once he realized there was more. He played with his recorder and golf club/balls before dinner. I made his favorite...sweet potato chicken nuggets. Then we sang "Happy Birthday" again and let him blow out his candle. He did very well...didn't even spit on the cake. He loved licking the candle and then eating the cake (the icing mainly). Later I noticed him dipping the candle in the icing to enjoy it some more :) All in all, he seemed to have a great time with everything and enjoyed playing with all his new toys. We are very proud of our baby boy and feel very blessed to have such a wonderful, amazing child!! Next step, big boy bed...

PS All of the pictures were taken with my new lens...Nikon 50/1.4 AF-S....my Mother's Day present to myself :) I love it!!!

No comments: