Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Gulf World

Bucky and I met Jimmy and Anna at Gulf World yesterday. We were trying to get together before Anna has baby #2 (Sarah) on Thursday and finally were able to plan something. Jimmy was restless during the Sea Lion show but really enjoyed walking around looking at the other animals. Bucky was watching the show and even asked for more when the Sea Lion, Otto, came on our side of the pool and was "talking". After he quieted down, Bucky looked at me, gave me the sign for "more" and said "mi, mi, mi." He hasn't learned how to say it correctly yet but I knew this was his interpretation. He loved following Jimmy around and doing whatever he was doing. The parrots terrified Bucky because of the loud squawking - I even jumped a couple of times. He ran to me and buried his face in my chest - we left the room shortly thereafter. They both enjoyed the parrot show but were ready to go before it was over so we took them outside to walk around and then fed them lunch on the way home. Bucky was asleep before we got to the bridge and then slept for two hours after we got home. YAY!!

No comments: