Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Dreaded Day has Arrived

On Friday, Oct 17th, at 8:30 AM we arrived at the airport for Buck to board a plane to go back to the desert. What a blah day. Bucky had fun running from Buck while we were waiting. Bucky and I couldn't go through the checkpoint to watch him board the plane, but quite frankly I don't think I could have. It was hard enough knowing what was going to happen - This was one thing I didn't need to see to believe. I handled it OK until he got in line for security and then I lost it. I quickly regained my composure but it was too late. Buck had seen it. I try not to let him see b/c I know it's hard enough for him to leave. He knows that I will be ok and take wonderful care of our boy so that at least helps some. I was doing ok after Bucky went down for his nap at home but when he woke up and started asking for dada and walking around looking for him, it broke my heart. How do you explain to a 17 month old that daddy is not here right now but will be back? Well, you don't - you just open the doors, let him see for himself, and go on about your pre-visit routine. At least...that's what worked for us. Our boy sure does love his daddy and that made us both very happy!!
Now we all get back to our separate lives and get back to our separate routines but at least we both know they will be one in the future.

No comments: