Thursday, July 19, 2012

Homemade Frame

I decided to be crafty one day so I decided to make baby girl a frame for her room. I used the directions at the following website as a guide. The one inch punch papered frame

After a trip to Hobby Lobby to get some paper and after making some mod podge with glue and water, I got to work. I used my new Cricut to make the pieces rather than purchasing a separate punch to do them by hand. The homemade mod podge may not hold as long as store bought but it's a learning curve for me since I have never made it before. For the edges of the frame and the back I painted it brown and then one layer of hot pink on top of it after it dried to give it a darker pink color. Then I began the process of gluing each and every piece of cut paper onto the frame. While this felt like it was never ending, I am pleased with the outcome. Pretend the picture in the middle is my family and that's the final product :).

No comments: