Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spring Break, Pt Deux

I had been wanting to take Bucky to the beach since we arrived in Fl (ok, actually since before we arrived in Fl) but the weather was not cooperating. So on Friday when the weather appeared clear, I made us get up, get dressed, and go. I also texted my friend, Anna, to see if she and her kiddos wanted to meet up with us for some fun in the sun. They had plans later in the day but we were able to get together for lunch and for the kiddos to play before we parted ways. We met at the mall since they have put a play area in the middle of the food court. The kids had a great time and then we ate and left. It was a great impromptu visit! I also have Anna to think for recommending an area on Beach Dr to go to rather than driving all the way out to the beach. It was perfect. the beach area is much smaller than the actual beach and we didn't have to compete with Spring Breakers. I actually got to relax rather than being side by side with Bucky because he could only go a few feet from me and there weren't many people. He enjoyed it and eventually a few "friends" came too so he had someone else to play with before we left. During this trip, I realized I need to get a new bathing suit to feel comfortable enough to stand up. Now I don't mind showing my belly because I was trying to get a tan at this point but the rest of my changing (and growing) baby body needs to be covered up a little more than it was. 

Digging in the Sand

Building a Sand Castle

Smiling for Mama

A Cool Sea Urchin

Getting Braver

Tiny Baby Sea Urchins

After the beach, we headed back to my parents' house. As a last minute decision, we decided to go to Friday Fest since my hubby was not going to make it to PC as planned. We cleaned up, changed clothes, and headed right back out again. And it was wonderful! There was a lot going on and Bucky really enjoyed the kiddie area with the bouncy houses. We also ate dinner while out there and enjoyed the very nice weather while walking around downtown.

Posing with a Van

Sliding

Climbing Back In

Taking a Quick Break

Making a Sand Jar

Very Proud

No comments: