Wednesday, March 28, 2012

First Attempt at Juicing

So now that I am able to be in the kitchen for longer than about 2 minutes, I decided to try something new. (BTW - You don't realize how many different smells there are at any given time until you are pregnant). After reading the blog The Verdant Life written by a vegan friend of mine from high school, I got the juicing bug. Didn't look like it would be too hard so I thought "Why not try it?" I ended up purchasing the juicer she recommended because I know nothing about them and quite frankly did not want to research them. It was only about $20 or so on Amazon so I went with it. With my little helper in tow, we went from this:


To this midway through...


To the final product: TADA!



It got really good reviews from my little critic. He finally handed me the glass with about 3 drops left and said, "I don't want anymore. You can have the rest." Thanks kiddo! 

The only problem I had with the juicer was that it didn't reverse every time I pushed down on it but it evened out well enough to get all the juice from the lemon. I also had to clean it a few times during the juicing of the 9 lemons because I was concerned about the seeds getting stuck in there. FYI: 9 lemons made just less than 2 cups of lemon juice so I still have almost a full cup of juice to make another batch of lemonade.

2 comments:

Cat said...

I love that little juicer! It seems a little wonky sometimes, but it's really a workhorse. Don't worry about the seeds; just adjust the size of the holes to make sure the seeds don't go through. You can juice 20 lemons without stopping to clean it!

April said...

Thanks for the info! It didn't bother me to rinse it out and the juice tastes good but it'll definitely come in handy to know that for next time.