Monday, September 26, 2011

Strong Bonds

Every once in a while the military comes up with a good idea. The most recent that we were able to participate in was the Strong Bonds Retreat. This is the Army's version of marriage counseling. We have been to one before and it was ok but this one was much better. The chaplain was very informative and down to earth. This was actually a shocker for me because I was expecting a bunch of blah-blah and a little bit of free time. Instead we got about 3 hours of very informative lecture/session and a lot of free time (with all day childcare). We went and got the kiddo for a few minutes after lunch but then he was ready to go back and play with his new friends. There was even childcare until 9 PM so we could have a romantic dinner of tacos. Yep, tacos...that's it. I mentioned this as a negative on the After Action Report because, well, tacos aren't very romantic. We had a really good time (except the beds were horrible) and learned some very useful information that should help us communicate better. Here's a picture of "date night"...we thought it was good so wanted to share.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi :) My husband and I went to an Strong Bonds event as well just last weekend. I'm blogging about our experinece as well. And our date; I twisted my ankle and my husband spend the evening taking care of me :)