Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Day of Preschool

This morning was Bucky's first day of preschool. He was supposed to start two weeks ago but unfortunate family events postponed his schooling. We got up this morning for a regular day and then I informed him that we had to get ready to take him to preschool. He immediately jumped off the couch and ran to his room to start getting dressed. He was so excited! It was purple day at school but since he has no purple clothes he picked out an orange shirt. I brushed his hair and finished getting myself ready. Then we went to the front porch to take some pictures (of course). Notice the change of backpacks. By the time we got to the school, he decided he wanted to wear "daddy's backpack" inside. When we got there he saw his "friend", Ben and they followed each other around to play and then head inside. He found his picture to hang his backpack and his name on the table all by himself. Apparently, he knows what his name looks like already :). I signed him in, grabbed his papers, bent to give him hugs and kisses, got denied, he asked me to stay with him, I explained why I couldn't, he pouted, I left, smiling. When I went to pick him up, he said "mommy!" I signed him out, talked with his teacher, and we left to head home. All in all, he did great!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Great pictures April, I'm glad he had a good day at school!

Pam said...

I don't think he could be any cuter!!! What a cutie!!