Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pre-K Graduation

On 23 May, my baby graduated Pre-K at Children's Friend. He was so excited. Buck seemed ambivalent. I was an emotional mess. I thought I would lose it when they all walked into the room for their performance but I pulled myself together. Then I thought I would lose it when he was called up to receive his "diploma" but I didn't. And then the DVD came on. It started with each of their baby pictures that we had sent in a month or so ago compared with a pic taken at Pre-K one day. It wasn't so much the pictures but the music that played during it. It started with Billy Dean's "Let Them Be Little." Now I tear up at this song every time I hear it but when it's coupled with a baby picture of your Pre-K graduate plus some pregnancy hormones, it's a recipe for an emotional breakdown. I'm not talking tearing up or sniffles, I'm talking I would've been embarrassed if I cared what the other people thought. Once I started, I couldn't stop and it just got worse from there - totally blaming that on the hormones. Let's put it this way...the director brought me a box of tissues and one of the mothers asked me if I was ok. I was laughing through it which, I'm sure, made it even more curious for those around me that don't know me. Bucky did great during the performance and had a great time eating with his friends after it. We didn't rush him since this will be the last time he sees most of them and we were one of the last to leave. Almost immediately, the dreaded questions started - "When do I start Kindergarten? I'm ready to go now." If my kiddo only knew how hard it was for me to not start bawling again...

Gift made for his teacher (thanks Pinterest!)

My version of another Pinterest idea

So excited

At the school

My little flower :)

Had one like this last year so had to post this one too :)

Getting his "diploma"

His wonderful teachers

Riding his tricycle when we got home

Riding his new scooter in the sprinklers

No comments: